Gibtulio 25 mg also knows empagliflozin 25 mg brands in india, is an inhibitor of the sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2), has the following indications:
• It is recommended for adults with heart failure to decrease the risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization.
• It is suggested for adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus and established cardiovascular disease to lower the risk of cardiovascular death.
• It is used as an adjunct to diet and exercise to enhance glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
There are certain limitations to its use, which include:
• It is not recommended for patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus as it may increase the risk of diabetic ketoacidosis in such patients.
• It is not suggested for adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus and an eGFR less than 30 mL/min/1.73 m2 to improve glycemic control.
Before starting, evaluate the individual's volume status and resolve any issues related to low volume.
• The advised amount is 10 mg taken once a day in the morning, with or without food.
• If the patient tolerates Empagliflozin well and requires more glucose control, the dose can be raised to 25 mg.
Empagliflozin 25 mg price in India:
Empagliflozin 25 mg price in India is only 10% of empagliflozin Jardiance 25 mg price from other countries.
Empagliflozin Side Effects:
The following are potential risks and side effects associated with taking empagliflozin:
- Ketoacidosis, a serious condition characterized by increased ketones in the blood or urine, which may lead to death. This can occur in people with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes who are taking empagliflozin, even if their blood sugar is less than 250 mg/dL. Those who are sick or have had surgery during treatment with empagliflozin may also be at risk. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue, or difficulty breathing, and check for ketones in your urine if possible.
- Dehydration, which can cause dizziness, fainting, lightheadedness, or weakness, especially upon standing. empagliflozin can cause sudden worsening of kidney function, particularly in individuals taking blood pressure-lowering medications, following a low-salt diet, or with kidney problems, or those who are 65 years of age or older. Speak with your healthcare provider about how much fluid you should drink daily and what to do if you experience vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive sun exposure.
- Serious urinary tract infections that may require hospitalization. Symptoms include pain during urination, frequent or urgent urination, lower abdominal or pelvic pain, or bloody urine. Some individuals may also experience fever, back pain, nausea, or vomiting.
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) when taking empagliflozin with other medications that may cause hypoglycemia, such as sulfonylurea or insulin. Symptoms of low blood sugar may include headache, weakness, dizziness, confusion, hunger, rapid heartbeat, sweating, shaking, or irritability. Your healthcare provider may need to adjust your medication dosage.
- Necrotizing fasciitis, a rare but serious bacterial infection that affects the tissue under the skin in the perineum (the area between the anus and genitals). This infection can lead to hospitalization, multiple surgeries, and death. Seek medical attention immediately if you experience fever, weakness, malaise, or pain, tenderness, swelling, or redness of the skin in the perineum.
- Vaginal yeast infection, which may cause vaginal odor, white or yellowish vaginal discharge that may be lumpy or resemble cottage cheese, and vaginal itching.
- Yeast infection of the penis, which may cause swelling that makes it difficult to retract the skin around the penis, redness, itching, rash, foul-smelling discharge, and pain in the skin around the penis. Talk to your healthcare provider if you experience any of these symptoms.