Nintena (Nintedanib 150mg) is a generic a kinase inhibitor indicated for:
- Treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- Treatment of chronic fibrosing interstitial lung diseases (ILDs) with a progressive phenotype
- Slowing the rate of decline in pulmonary function in patients with systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD)
- Recommended dosage: 150 mg twice daily approximately 12 hours apart taken with food.
- Recommended dosage in patients with mild hepatic impairment (Child Pugh A): 100 mg twice daily approximately 12 hours apart taken with food.
- Consider temporary dose reduction to 100 mg, treatment interruption, or discontinuation for management of adverse reactions.
- Prior to treatment initiation, conduct liver function tests in all patients and a pregnancy test in females of reproductive potential.
Nintedanib cost in india
Nintedanib cost in India is only 60 USD per 10 Capsules. Nintedanib cost is about 2890 USD per 10 capsules from other countries.
Nintedanib Side Effects
- liver problems. Call your doctor right away if you have unexplained symptoms such as yellowing of your skin or the white part of your eyes (jaundice), dark or brown (tea colored) urine, pain on the upper right side of your stomach area (abdomen), bleeding or bruising more easily than normal, feeling tired, or loss of appetite. Your doctor will do blood tests to check how well your liver is working before starting and during your treatment with nintedanib.
- diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. While you are taking nintedanib, your doctor may recommend that you drink fluids or take medicine to treat these side effects. Tell your doctor if you have diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting or if these symptoms do not go away or become worse. Tell your doctor if you are taking over-the-counter laxatives, stool softeners, and other medicines or dietary supplements that can cause diarrhea.
- heart attack. Tell your doctor right away if you have symptoms of a heart problem. These symptoms may include chest pain or pressure, pain in your arms, back, neck or jaw, or shortness of breath.
- stroke. Tell your doctor right away if you have symptoms of a stroke. These symptoms may include numbness or weakness on 1 side of your body, trouble talking, headache, or dizziness.
- bleeding problems. nintedanib may increase your chances of having bleeding problems. Tell your doctor if you have unusual bleeding, bruising, or wounds that do not heal. Tell your doctor if you are taking a blood thinner, including prescription blood thinners and over-the-counter aspirin.
- tear in your stomach or intestinal wall (perforation). nintedanib may increase your chances of having a tear in your stomach or intestinal wall. Tell your doctor if you have pain or swelling in your stomach area. The most common side effects of nintedanib are diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, liver problems, decreased appetite, headache, weight loss, and high blood pressure
For more Prescribing information，please ask our supporter → “FDA Prescribing Information”.